The Dance Loft is Long Island's premier studio, setting the standard for dance instruction on the South Shore for 33 years. Under the artistic direction of Willa Damien and Brooke Robyn Dairman, The Dance Loft's professional staff, composed of top-caliber talent from New York City's dance scene, continues to teach students of all ages how to find the beauty, strength, and passion in dance. We invite you to visit us at The Dance Loft, and lift your goals to a loftier place!
Important News and Upcoming Dates
· Save the date for our 2018 end-of-year recital at Molloy College's Madison Theatre in Rockville Centre. We will have two recitals on Friday evening, June 15th. Onstage rehearsal will be held the evening before (Thursday, June 14th). Tickets will go on sale in May and will be sold by the Madison Theatre box office. We look forward to seeing you at this beautiful event!
· The Dance Loft has expanded! We are excited to be holding classes in the Magnolia Community Center's beautiful second-floor studio in addition to our full schedule of classes at The Dance Loft studios. We are thrilled to be offering private lesson options at the MLK Center, as well.
· Enrollment remains open for all adult classes as well as classes for students under the age of 6. All other classes are closed for registration at this time in order to allow sufficient preparation for our recital. Registration for our summer programming will begin in April.
· It's time for custom TDL and PYT gear! Head on over to our Custom Gear page and place your order online today! Here are some of our new items for 2017/18:
· New mamas and papas - we've got something incredible just for you! The Dance Loft is proud to introduce DANCE & PLAY, a FREE weekly class for children under the age of 3 and their caregivers. No cost and no commitment--just drop in at your leisure! Classes offer a combination of open play (using mats, balls, hoops, scarves, and other stimulating props) as well as structured dance and music activities led by our talented Junior Teachers. Each class will be unique! Come once or every week - it's up to you. Classes are held at our studio (160 W. Park Ave - 2nd floor) on Saturdays from 9:15-10:00 AM. We recommend leaving strollers at home or in your car. Feel free to call us at 516.889.STEP with any questions!
· Congratulations to our talented competition team for an impressive season at Access Broadway, That's Entertainment, Beyond the Stars, and Legacy Dance Championships. We're gearing up for a great 2018! If your child is participating in competition this year, please visit our Parent Portal for information about all of the events we'll be attending.
· We are thrilled to be home to Professional Youth Theatre, Long Island's leading musical theatre training program with classes available for ages 3-17. Sign up now for PYT's popular summer camp and school-year programming!·
· The Dance Loft was recently featured in the Long Beach Local View video series. Check out our video here! We were also recently featured in New York's Newsday. The popular newspaper published an article about our acclaimed Adult Ballet program, highlighting the health benefits for dancers over 50. We welcome dancers of all ages to try out ballet! Register now for a 10-week session!
· Does your child have a birthday coming up? Host a party at The Dance Loft!