2019 recital information portal
Welcome to our 2019 Recital Information Portal! Our recital, Born to Dance, will take place on Friday, June 14th at the beautiful Madison Theatre with two performances (6:00 PM and 8:15 PM). We know you receive an overwhelming number of emails, so we thought it might be helpful to put all information about our recital in one place. Please scroll down to submit One-Liners, Advertisements, photos for our slideshow, sign up for Picture Day, order flower bouquets for your child, and get more information about ticketing. Please make sure to read our Recital FAQs and the schedule for our mandatory onstage rehearsal, as well. Thank you!
recital frequently asked questions
You have questions and we have answers! Please click here to find out more information about our onstage rehearsal (Thursday, June 13th) and our two recitals (Friday, June 14th). If you have additional questions, please email us at DanceLoftLB@gmail.com.
mandatory onstage rehearsal schedule - thursday, june 13th
Our Mandatory Onstage Rehearsal Schedule is now available. Please read thoroughly and take note of exactly when your child is called. Promptness is of the utmost importance. Our rehearsal will take place at the Madison Theatre (1000 Hempstead Ave, Rockville Center - approximately 30 minutes from central Long Beach). Thank you!
one-liners submission form
One-liners are a simple and inexpensive way for you to write a message to your child (i.e. "Great job in the show tonight, Jane! Love, Mom") or for your child to write a message to teachers or dance friends (i.e. "Thanks to all my teachers for the great classes. - Mike"). Messages are $1 per line (one line is 60 characters including spaces). Messages longer than one line are permitted but will be charged $1 for each line in the message. Please submit your one-liner(s) below. You will receive an invoice via email, and payment can be made in cash at the studio front desk. All one-liners must be submitted by June 5th.
Advertising in our recital program
Program ads are a great way to promote your business in the Long Beach community or to send a special message to your child. Please email all program advertisements to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5th (please note that this is a designated email address for recital program submissions only. All other inquiries should continue to be sent to email@example.com). Advertisement options include Back Cover (Full Page, 4.5” x 7.5”) - $250; Inside Covers (Full Page, 4.5” x 7.5”) - $200; Full Page (4.5” x 7.5”) - $100; Half Page (4.5” x 4”) - $50; and Business Card or Quarter Page (4.5” x 2”) - $30. Please note that our program is printed in black and white. All advertisements must be submitted as a .JPG in their printable form and should be properly sized. Please note that design of advertisements will require an additional fee.
We know that our parents and students take many photos throughout the year, so we'd like to invite you to share three of your favorite dance photos with us. Please email your photos by June 5th to firstname.lastname@example.org (note that this is a designated email address specifically for our recital program and slideshow which helps us keep track of submissions). Thanks so much for your cooperation on this project!
Dance Loft picture days - june 1st and 2nd
We're excited to announce that this year's Picture Day will take place on Saturday, June 1st with additional slots on Sunday, June 2nd. Each year we select a unique location to give our pictures a distinctly artistic vibe. This year is no exception. We will be shooting bayside on the fishing pier located next to the Long Beach recreation center! The exact location is Magnolia Blvd and W. Bay Drive. If you are interested in participating in our Picture Day, please select your appointment time now. All students must be registered with deposits paid by May 30th.
Here are some of the features of our Picture Day:
- Top NYC photographer: We're thrilled to welcome back top NYC photographer, Ric Sechrest, who has so beautifully captured our students in motion over the last three seasons. Ric has also photographed headshots and dance shots for Co-Director of our studio, Brooke, and is the official headshot photographer for Professional Youth Theatre. His work is beautiful and well-respected. Feel free to browse some of his photography from last year below. These images are lower resolution for web-viewing purposes. The images you purchase will be provided in high resolution. Feel free to stop by and take a look at all of the photos hanging in our dressing room, as well. You'll see the quality for yourself!
- The 'photo shoot experience': Our students will have the chance to pose and take "action" shots in their favorite costume or costumes from the season. This means the students can dance (to music they select), and our photographer will capture action shots (turns, leaps, moments of true emotion, etc.). We will also have a staff member there to help pose students and give suggestions for "action" shots.
- Digital packages: As technology has changed over the years, we understand that most people are interested in digital shots that they can share via email or on social media rather than prints. Files will be emailed to you, and you can choose to print anything you'd like on your own (our photographer is happy to make suggestions regarding where to get high quality prints). Keep in mind that you do not have to choose your package now! Once the photo shoot is complete, you will receive an email with links to all of your child's photos (with watermarks) and you can select your package at that time. To hold your child's spot, a deposit of $45 is required which entitles you to the top photo from your child's session. This deposit must be submitted at the studio (in cash or check made out to cash) by May 30th or your child’s spot will be given to another student. Thank you!
$45 - Digital file of top photo from the session
$55 - Digital file of top two photos from the session
$65 - Digital file of top three photos from session
$79 - Digital file of all photos from the session
- $20 for a retouched digital image of top photo
- $15 per additional retouched digital image - If a student would like to take pictures in multiple costumes, you will receive 20% off the price of additional slots booked (one costume per slot, please).
- A spot on the wall: All students photographed will earn a spot on the dressing room wall at no additional charge! Some may even be featured on our website (with your permission, of course!).
- Rain Date: In case of poor weather, our "rain date" will be Saturday, June 8th.
- Book Your Sessions now!
If you are interested in participating in our Picture Day, please select your appointment time now.
Our sister program, Professional Youth Theatre, will be selling bouquets at our recital as a fundraiser for the PYT Costume Fund (helping make costumes affordable for PYT summer camp families). All bouquets are $15 (cash or check made out to cash). Please fill out the online order form by Thursday, June 6th at 11:59 PM and your bouquet will be ready and waiting for you at our recital on June 14th.
The Dance Loft will be presenting our 2019 recital, Born to Dance, at Molloy College’s beautiful Madison Theatre on Friday, June 14th. Our onstage rehearsal will take place the evening before (Thursday, June 13th) from 5:00 to 9:00 PM at the Madison Theatre.
We will be having two shows on Friday, June 14th – one at 6:00 PM and the other at 8:15 PM. Most of our students will be dancing in just one of these shows (some of our advanced dancers and highly involved dancers will appear in both shows, and families with more than one child may have children in both shows). Please refer to this list to see which show/s your child is in. Please also reference our recital show order and let us know if there are any spelling errors or if your child has been omitted from a piece that he or she is in. The price per ticket is $19 for balcony seats and $23 for orchestra seats. For students appearing in more than one show, tickets to your child’s second show (the show for which you are buying the same number or fewer tickets) are only $5 each.
The Madison Theatre box office will be coordinating the sale of all tickets. Purchases are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets will be on sale from Tuesday, May 14th through Friday, June 14th (or until tickets sell out). Please note the following policies as laid out by the theater:
1. Purchases made in person at the Madison Theatre box office (1000 Hempstead Ave, Rockville Centre, NY) incur no fee. Purchases made over the phone to the box office (516-323-4444) incur a $2 per ticket fee.
2. Box office hours are as follows:
May 14 - May 19 – 12-6 PM
May 20 – 24, 12-6 PM
May 25 – 12-4 PM
May 28 – 31 - 10-4 PM
June 1 – 12-6 PM
June 3-7 – 10 AM-4 PM
June 9 – 1-4 PM
June 10-13 – 10 AM-4 PM
June 14 – 10 AM - 8 PM
3. There is no official limit on ticket purchases this year, but we do ask you to be reasonable. The Madison Theatre is a 550-seat theater that can easily accommodate our group, but if each family plans to bring a bus load of people it could be problematic. We do not want any family to be shut out. Please keep in mind that there is no bad seat at the Madison Theatre. If you are new to our studio and were not in attendance at the recital last year, please understand that the venue utilizes stadium seating, so there are no obscured views whatsoever. Here is a seating chart for your reference when purchasing tickets. When selecting your seats, please try not to leave one-seat gaps between your party and the next party so that we can best utilize the space. For our advanced students who are appearing in both shows but who have all dances appearing in the second show (i.e. 8:15 PM 'primary' show), we ask that families limit themselves to buying two tickets to the first show to leave sufficient space for other families. Thank you!